Fall Term ends today — are you ready for the nonstop study party that is Reading Days? If not, here are some words of wisdom to get you through the madness.
1) Coffee, tea, soda — caffeine of any kind will soon replace your current BFF (at least until exams are over). Mark’s Cafe has got you covered, with Rival Bros coffee and warm sandwiches to get you going through the late hours. And if you need a ride back to your place after one of these late night study sessions, use PennRides Mobile to track the next Penn Transit vehicle to get you home safe.
2) Don’t risk losing the final paper that’s been keeping you up late. Store a draft in the cloud, perhaps using some of your 20GB of free storage in Penn+Box. And access it on the go using your iOS device. Also, to avoid losing any of your work, keep your Macbook charged by borrowing a charger from the Weigle Information Commons.
3) Speaking of risk, leaving your laptop or phone around is a dumb risk to take. Thefts occur everywhere, including the Libraries. Borrow a laptop lock in Rosengarten Reserve or Lippincott Library, set up an anti-theft solution, and learn how to locate/lock/wipe your iOS device remotely.
4) Need to meet up with your group to hash out your presentation? Reserve a study room in Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center, Biomedical Library, or the Education Commons at Franklin Field. You’ll have to privacy you need to rehearse to your heart’s content, and it’ll prevent a meltdown from distracting from your roommate’s studying.
5) How awful would it be to lose points on your perfectly crafted essay just because you didn’t use MLA correctly?! Cite it right using the Libraries’ Citation Management research guide. The guide will show you all of the tools provided to you so that you can make your References list look [almost] as good as your paper itself.
Lastly, in this Year of Proof, show the world (and maybe more importantly, your parents) that you are studying hard. Prove You’re Studying by uploading a pic of yourself or your group studying in the Libraries to Van Pelt’s Facebook page from December 7th to December 14th. Vote for your favorites, and the winners will receive prizes (including coffee from Mark’s Cafe, a pizza party for your hard-working group, or a delivery of Insomnia cookies just for you)!